One in ten cut for sale
In 2011, timber was cut for sale on 14 200 forest properties. In the last 10-year period, 36 per cent of the forest properties sold timber.
According to new cartographic data, 131 800 properties have a productive forest area of 25 decares or more. Registered productive forest area amounted to 70.2 million decares. A total of 36 150 of the forest properties are owned by a person who also runs an agricultural holding, which is 1 500 fewer than in 2010.
One in ten cut timber for sale
Forest owners in the county of Hedmark were the most active, with more than one in five properties carrying out commercial roundwood removals. The activity level varied considerably between the counties. In the western part of Norway, between three and four per cent of the forest properties had commercial removals, and in the northern part of the country the activity was even lower. In the country as a whole, a total of 47 050 forest properties have sold timber at least once in the last 10-year period.
In 2010, the average commercial roundwood removal per property was 627 cubic metres.
The Forest Trust Fund grows
At the start of 2010, forest owners had set aside NOK 1 061 million in the Forest Trust Fund - 110 million more than the previous year.
New data from 2011
As from 2011, the number of forest properties and productive forest area are based on new cartographic data analyses and data on owners and properties from the cadastre in combination with data from the Farm register. In addition, the statistics are built on data from several administrative registers.
A property with at least 25 decares productive forest area. Property parcels belonging to the same owner within one municipality are treated as one property.
- Table 1 Forest properties, by county and size class. 2011
- Table 2 Productive forest area, by county and size class in decares. 2011. Decares
- Table 3 Forest properties with commercial roundwood removals, by county and size of property. 2011
- Table 4 Commercial roundwood removals, by county and property size in decares. Solid cubic metres. 2011
- Table 5 Forest properties in combination with agricultural holding, by county and size of productive forest area. 2011
- Table 6 Forest Trust Fund. Balance payment and disbursement of fund, by county and productive forest area. 2011. NOK 1 000