Updated: 21 October 2021
Next update: Not yet determined
More figures from this statistics
- 11590: Storting election. Electoral turnout by sex
- 08243: Storting election. Per cent voter turnout
- 11581: Storting election. Electoral turnout, by sex and age (per cent)
- 11693: Storting election. Electoral turnout, by sex and immigration category. Selected municipalities (per cent)
- 11699: Storting election. Electoral turnout, by sex and one-year age groups. Selected municipalities (per cent)
About the statistics
The statistics show voter turnout for general elections and municipal council and county council elections by gender, age level of education eg. for country,county and some municipalities. Time series from 1969.
The estimates for electoral turnout are based on whether the persons entitled to vote was at the polling station and cast a ballot. The voter will then be ticked off in the electoral roll. We do not know if the ballot will be rejected eg. The estimates for electoral turnout and number of votes for the sum of parties will not be 100% in accordance. however, the discrepancy is very small.
Name: Electoral turnout
Division for Population Statistics
Every 2 year.
The statistics files are stored long term in SSB.
The political parties and journalists are frequent users of the statistics. The statistics are also used by ministries in the calculation of financial support to the parties, municipalities and county municipalities. Students and election researchers are also frequent users.
Ingen eksterne brukere har tilgang til statistikk før den er publisert samtidig for alle kl. 08.00 på ssb.no etter forhåndsvarsling senest tre måneder før i Statistikkalenderen. Dette er et av de viktigste prinsippene i SSB for å sikre likebehandling av brukerne.
Act on Official Statistics and Statistics Norway §§ 10 and 20.
All persons entitled to vote