PxWebApi - StatBank
API: Create your own datasets
API for queries towards all StatBank Norway’s 6000 tables. Output formats are JSON-stat, csv and xlsx. Use the Console or http POST towards the table metadata to query.
See also: API code examples on how to use the API wirh Highcharts, R and Python.
January 2019: A number of news in PxWebApi:
- Increased capacity. The maximum cell limit are now 800,000 cells.
- 3 new output formats:
• json-stat2 is a bit more user friendly. It is from now default response format in API console. This version is also the one offered by Eurostat, and all known libraries support version 2.
• csv2 provides the extract in a pivot-friendly format
• csv3 is similar in structure, but compact with codes instead of text. It is suitable for import to databases, SAS etc.
We recommend using these instead of the csv and JSON-stat formats.
- New Button for saving the json API query to file, below the StatBank's API query code. The file can then be opened in the API console.
- The update time of the dataset is shown in JSON-stat extracts. It appears as GMT like: "updated": "2019-01-23T07:00:00Z".
User manual updated per February 2020.