API: Create your own datasets
Statistics Norway has an API for queries towards all StatBank’s 5800 tables. Output formats are JSON-stat, csv and xlsx. This API uses http POST.
See user manual in pdf.
January 24th, 2019 A number of news in PxWebApi:
- Increased capacity. The maximum cell limits are increased from 500,000 to 800,000 cells and the maximum number of queries is increased to 30 per 10 seconds, from 30 pr. minute. (The limit otherwise in StatBank is still 300,000.)
- 3 new output formats come in addition: JSON-stat version 2, CSV2 and CSV3.
• json-stat2 is a bit more user friendly. It is from now default response format in API console. This version is also the one offered by Eurostat, and lall known libraries support version 2.
• csv2 provides the extract in a pivot-friendly format
• csv3 is similar in structure but compact with codes instead of text. It is suitable for import to databases, SAS etc.
We recommend using these instead of the csv and json-stat formats.
- New Button for saving the json API query to file, below the StatBank's API query code. The file can e.g. be opened in the API console.
- The update time of the dataset is shown JSON-stat extracts. It appears as GMT like: "updated": "2019-01-23T07:00:00Z".
See also updated User manual.