Your answers are valuable
Statistics Norway (SSB) has conducted a yearly survey on media use in the population since 1991. The purpose of the survey is to produce official statistics on the population’s access to and use of mass media.
The statistics are an important source of information for public authorities and others who are planning and developing the country’s media services. The results are also used in Statistics Norway’s publications, and universities and research environments use the information in research and education. Media and interest organisations also use the statistics.
With media use we mean the use of the internet, newspapers, TV, radio, music, magazines, books, and games, among other things.
To produce reliable statistics on media use, we will ask you about:
- internet and social media use
- TV-viewing, both regular viewing and online
- what media you use to read news
- radio, podcasts, and music consumption
- digital gaming
- reading of magazines and books.
It takes approximately 15 minutes to complete the survey, but this will vary from person to person.
A sample of 9 000 persons aged 9 years and over have been randomly selected from the National Registry to participate. This sample is divided into a main sample of 6 000 people and an additional sample of 3 000 people. For the age group 9-15 years, we will send all information to the parents/guardians. People in the age group 16-17 years will receive all information, but the parents/guardians will receive a letter notifying them that their child has been selected to participate.
We need answers from people of all ages across the country. We cannot replace you with another person if you do not participate. Your participation in this survey is voluntary, but your participation helps to ensure that our statistics on media use are as reliable and accurate as possible.
You are invited to answer the survey either as an online questionnaire or as a telephone interview.
To answer online, use the link in the e-mail or SMS you have received from us. You can choose whether you want to answer in Bokmål, Nynorsk, English, Polish or Lithuanian.
If you are invited to answer on the online, but do not answer within two weeks, you will be contacted by one of our interviewers to conduct the survey by telephone. You can also call us at 62 88 56 08 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a suitable time to conduct the interview.
If you are invited to a telephone interview, but do not answer within two weeks, you will have the possibility to answer online instead.
The survey should work on all web browsers and devices (phone, PC, tablet). If you experience technical problems, we recommend trying another web browser or device.
Please contact us at 62 88 51 90 or e-mail email@example.com if the technical issues are not resolved, and we will help you.
- We only use the answers to make official statistics, and individual answers will never be published.
- We use information from registers Statistics Norway has access to, in order to keep the interview as short as possible. This applies information about you and your parents and the household from the National Register, and information about education from school owners and the Loan Fund. We also use information about income, work, social security and benefits from the Tax Administration and Nav.
- We anonymize all information within 1st of November 2024. Before this, you can contact us at any time to withdraw and request that the answers be deleted.
- If you have questions about privacy, you can send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or read more at our information page about privacy.
Do you have more questions?
You will find the most frequently asked questions about the survey below. If you have additional questions that are not addressed on this page, please see our contact information at the bottom of this page.
If you want to arrange a time of us to contact you, please call 62 88 56 08 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Yes. If you want to get directly in touch with an interviewer, you can call 62 88 56 08 after 3 pm.
Yes. If you want to answer on the internet, you will find the link and login information in the e-mail from us. If you have not received this information but want to answer online, you can call 62 88 56 08 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the link and your login information.