53539
/en/teknologi-og-innovasjon/statistikker/iktoms/aar
53539
Decrease in revenue for content and media sector
statistikk
2011-08-29T10:00:00.000Z
Technology and innovation
en
iktoms, Information sector, business statistics (discontinued)Information and communication technology - ICT, Technology and innovation
false

Information sector, business statistics (discontinued)2009

Content

Published:

This is an archived release.

Go to latest release

Decrease in revenue for content and media sector

The content and media sector had a decline in turnover, employment and value added from 2008 to 2009 of 5.0 per cent, 3.9 per cent and 5.1 per cent respectively.

The most dominant industry sector; publishing of books, periodicals and other publishing activities, had the largest decline, ending at NOK 28.4 billion in revenue. This is 6.8 per cent lower than the year before. Value creation in terms of added value decreased 8.6 per cent to NOK 11.3 billion, and employment ended down 6.4 per cent to 16 100 employees. Employment in the information sector as a whole fell 1 per cent from 2008 to 2009 and ended at just over 100 000. Revenue fell about 2 per cent and ended at nearly NOK 236 billion. Altogether the sector created values??, measured in added value, for almost NOK 94 billion in 2009. This represents a growth of 3 per cent from the year before.

Increase in motion picture, video and television programme activities

Within the content and media sector it is only the motion picture, video and television programme activities that can demonstrate growth in employment, turnover and added value in 2009. Revenues rose 0.8 per cent, or about NOK 50 million, from 2008 to 2009, and ended at nearly NOK 6.3 billion. Employment rose by 3.4 per cent to 3 750. Added value rose by 4.3 per cent and amounted to NOK 2.1 billion.

Decline in ICT manufacturing

Turnover in the ICT industry fell in the period to NOK 9.4 billion, which is 16 per cent lower sales than the year before and is the same trend as the previous year. While employment declined 7.9 per cent to 4 000, added value fell by almost NOK 800 million or 20.5 per cent.

A small increase in ICT services industries

Within the ICT sector, only the ICT services industry has shown growth from 2008 to 2009. Growth in sales was 0.8 per cent to NOK 137 billion. The added value growth was 8.3 per cent. The ICT services industry employs most in the ICT sector and the number of employees rose during the period by over 1 per cent to 58 800 employees in 2009.

Tables: