This is an archived release.
Wages in construction up 0.8 per cent
The quarterly wage index for full-time employees in construction shows that there was a 0.8 per cent increase in basic salaries from the fourth quarter of 2009 to the first quarter of 2010.
The increase in average monthly earnings was 2.3 per cent from the fourth quarter of 2009 to the first quarter of 2010.
"Average monthly earnings" includes basic salaries, irregular payments and bonuses. Bonuses are often paid at irregular intervals, which mean that this index is subject to greater fluctuations than the index for basic salaries. Overtime payment is not included in the statistics.
For more tables on wage statistics, see StatBank Norway .
- Table 1 Index on average monthly earnings for full-time employees, by section. Average of year 2005=100
- Table 2 Changes in average monthly earnings from the corresponding quarter the year before, by section. Per cent
- Table 3 Index on average basic salaries for full-time employees, by section. Average of year 2005=100.
- Table 4 Changes in average basic salaries from the corresponding quarter the year before by section. Per cent
- Table 5 Average monthly earnings and basic salaries for full-time employees, by section.
The statistics is now published as Number of employments and earnings.
Statistics Norway's Information Centre
tel.: (+47) 21 09 46 42