This is an archived release.
Retail sales increase in July
For the first time since February this year, the seasonally-adjusted volume index of retail sales shows a substantial change compared to last month. For retail trade, the sales volume increased by 1.4 per cent from June to July this year.
The non-adjusted volume index increased by 1.3 per cent from July 2009 to July 2010. During this period, the volume index, excluding petrol stations, increased by 2.0 per cent.
From June last year to June this year the value index increased by 1.5 per cent, and the value index excluding petrol stations increased by 1.8 per cent.
|July 2010||Per cent|
August 2008-July 2009-
August 2009-July 2010
|Retail sales volume index: Excluding motor vehicles. Seasonally adjusted numbers||116.9||1.4|
|Retail sales volume index: Excluding motor vehicles and petrol. Seasonally adjusted numbers||120.3||1.3|
|Retail sales volume index: Excluding motor vehicles. Not seasonally adjusted numbers||122.5||1.3||1.6||1.2|
|Retail sales volume index: Excluding motor vehicles and petrol. Not seasonally adjusted numbers||125.7||2.0||2.4||1.9|
|Retail sales value index: Excluding motor vehicles||129.8||1.5||3.2||2.5|
|Retail sales value index: Excluding motor vehicles and petrol||130.2||1.8||3.5||2.4|
- Table 1 Retail sales. Index of value. 2005=100
- Table 2 Retail sales. Index of volume. Unadjusted 2005=100
- Table 3 Retail sales. Index of volume. Seasonally adjusted 2005=100
- Table 4 Retail sales value index. Exclude value added tax. July 2010. 2005=100
- Table 5 Petrol stations, turnover statistics
- Table 6 Petrol stations, turnover statistics. 2009 and January-July 2010. NOK 1 000
Find more figures
Find detailed figures from Index of retail sales
Anders Falla Aas
tel.: (+47) 40 81 14 37
Marie Karoline Skjeldås
tel.: (+47) 40 90 25 51