This is an archived release.
Less retail sales
The seasonally-adjusted volume index of retail sales decreased by 1.2 per cent from August to September this year. Most of the industries had a decline this period.
The seasonally-adjusted volume index of retail sale of other goods in specialised stores, like building materials, electrical household appliances and furniture decreased by 2.5 per cent from August to September this year.
The non-adjusted volume index increased by 0.9 per cent from September 2008 to September 2009.
In the same period, the volume index, excluding petrol stations, increased by 2.0 per cent.
From September last year to September this year, the value index rose by 2.8 per cent, and the value index excluding petrol stations increased by 3.9 per cent.
|September 2009||Per cent|
October 2007-September 2008-
October 2008-September 2009
|Retail sales volume index: Excluding motor vehicles. Seasonally adjusted numbers||114.6||-1.2|
|Retail sales volume index: Excluding motor vehicles and petrol. Seasonally adjusted numbers||117.7||-1.1|
|Retail sales volume index: Excluding motor vehicles. Not seasonally adjusted numbers||113.0||0.9||-0.5||-0.5|
|Retail sales volume index: Excluding motor vehicles and petrol. Not seasonally adjusted numbers||115.6||2.0||0.2||0.4|
|Retail sales value index: Excluding motor vehicles||120.9||2.8||1.2||1.3|
|Retail sales value index: Excluding motor vehicles and petrol||121.4||3.8||2.0||2.3|
- Table 1 Retail sales. Index of value. 2005=100
- Table 2 Retail sales. Index of volume. Unadjusted 2005=100
- Table 3 Retail sales. Index of volume. Seasonally adjusted. 2005=100
- Table 4 Retail sales value index. Exclude value added tax. September 2009. 2005=100
- Table 5 Petrol stations, turnover statistics
- Table 6 Petrol stations, turnover statistics. 2008 and January-September 2009. NOK 1 000