This is an archived release.
Retail sales up in July
The seasonally-adjusted index of retail sales increased by 2.3 per cent from June to July this year.
Most of the product groups had an increase from June to July except for the sales on petrol stations. The seasonally-adjusted index, excluding petrol stations, increased by 2.4 per cent during this period.
The non-adjusted volume index increased by 2.5 per cent from July 2008 to July 2009. In the same period, the volume index, excluding petrol stations, increased by 3.8 per cent.
From July last year to July this year, the value index, excluding petrol stations, rose by 5.1 per cent, while the value index including petrol stations decreased by 3.3 per cent.
|July 2009||Per cent|
August 2007-July 2008-
August 2008-July 2009
|Retail sales volume index: Excluding motor vehicles. Seasonally adjusted numbers||115.8||2.3|
|Retail sales volume index: Excluding motor vehicles and petrol. Seasonally adjusted numbers||118.9||2.4|
|Retail sales volume index: Excluding motor vehicles. Not seasonally adjusted numbers||120.9||2.5||-0.4||-0.8|
|Retail sales volume index: Excluding motor vehicles and petrol. Not seasonally adjusted numbers||123.2||3.8||0.1||0.0|
|Retail sales value index: Excluding motor vehicles||127.9||3.3||1.4||1.0|
|Retail sales value index: Excluding motor vehicles and petrol||127.9||5.1||1.9||2.0|
- Table 1 Retail sales. Index of value. 2005=100
- Table 2 Retail sales. Index of volume. Unadjusted 2005=100
- Table 3 Retail sales. Index of volume. Seasonally adjusted 2005=100
- Table 4 Retail sales value index. Exclude value added tax. July 2009. 2005=100
- Table 5 Petrol stations, turnover statistics
- Table 6 Petrol stations, turnover statistics. 2008 and January-July 2009. NOK 1 000