This is an archived release.
Retail sales up 0.9 per cent
The seasonally-adjusted index of retail sales increased by 0.9 per cent from April to May this year.
The non-adjusted volume index decreased by 1.8 per cent from May 2008 to May 2009. In the same period, the volume index, excluding petrol stations, decreased by 1.0 per cent.
From May last year to May this year, the value index, excluding petrol stations, rose by 0.7 per cent, while the value index including petrol stations decreased by 0.2 per cent.
|May 2009||Per cent|
|June 2007-May 2008-June 2008-May 2009||January-May 2008-January-May 2009|
|Retail sales volume index: Excluding motor vehicles. Seasonally adjusted numbers||115.5||0.9|
|Retail sales volume index: Excluding motor vehicles and petrol. Seasonally adjusted numbers||119.0||1.9|
|Retail sales volume index: Excluding motor vehicles. Not seasonally adjusted numbers||114.1||-1.8||-1.9||-0.6|
|Retail sales volume index: Excluding motor vehicles and petrol. Not seasonally adjusted numbers||115.8||-1.0||-1.3||-0.3|
|Retail sales value index: Excluding motor vehicles||121.8||-0.2||0.0||1.5|
|Retail sales value index: Excluding motor vehicles and petrol||121.9||0.7||0.8||1.5|
- Table 1 Retail sales. Index of value. 2005=100
- Table 2 Retail sales. Index of volume. Unadjusted 2005=100
- Table 3 Retail sales. Index of volume. Seasonally adjusted 2005=100
- Table 4 Retail sales value index. Exclude value added tax. May 2009. 2005=100
- Table 5 Petrol stations, turnover statistics
- Table 6 Petrol stations, turnover statistics. 2008 and January-May 2009. NOK 1 000
Find more figures
Find detailed figures from Index of retail sales
Anders Falla Aas
tel.: (+47) 40 81 14 37
Marie Karoline Skjeldås
tel.: (+47) 40 90 25 51