This is an archived release.
Continued decline in retail sales
The seasonally adjusted index of retail sales decreased by 0.7 per cent from February to March this year. The seasonally adjusted index of retail sales, exclusive petrol stations, decreased by 0.5 per cent the same period.
The non-adjusted volume index increased by 1.0 per cent from March 2008 to March 2009. In the same period, the volume index, exclusive petrol stations, increased by 1.9 per cent.
From March last year to March this year the value index, exclusive petrol stations and inclusive petrol stations, rose by 4.5 and 3.2 per cent respectively.
|March 2009||Per cent|
April 2007-March 2008-
April 2008-March 2009
|Retail sales volume index: Excluding motor vehicles. Seasonally adjusted numbers||112.6||-0.7|
|Retail sales volume index: Excluding motor vehicles and petrol. Seasonally adjusted numbers||114.6||-0.5|
|Retail sales volume index: Excluding motor vehicles. Not seasonally adjusted numbers||103.0||1.0||1.1||-1.4|
|Retail sales volume index: Excluding motor vehicles and petrol. Not seasonally adjusted numbers||104.2||1.9||1.4||-0.7|
|Retail sales value index: Excluding motor vehicles||108.7||3.2||3.3||0.6|
|Retail sales value index: Excluding motor vehicles and petrol||108.7||4.5||3.3||1.4|
- Table 1 Retail sales. Index of value. 2005=100
- Table 2 Retail sales. Index of volume. Unadjusted 2005=100
- Table 3 Retail sales. Index of volume. Seasonally adjusted. 2005=100
- Table 4 Retail sales value index. Exclude value added tax. March 2009. 2005=100
- Table 5 Petrol stations, turnover statistics
- Table 6 Petrol stations, turnover statistics. 2008 and January-March 2009. NOK 1 000
Find more figures
Find detailed figures from Index of retail sales
Anders Falla Aas
tel.: (+47) 40 81 14 37
Marie Karoline Skjeldås
tel.: (+47) 40 90 25 51