This is an archived release.
Norwegians are shopping less
The seasonally adjusted index of retail sales decreased by 0.3 per cent from January to February this year. The seasonally adjusted index of retail sales, exclusive petrol stations, decreased by 0.6 per cent in the same period.
The non adjusted volume index decreased by 6.0 per cent from February 2008 to February 2009. In the same period, the volume index - exclusive petrol stations - decreased by 5.8 per cent.
From February last year to February this year, the value index decreased by 3.7 per cent. The value index, exclusive petrol stations, had a decline of 3.4 per cent.
|February 2009||Per cent|
March 2007-February 2008-
March 2008-February 2009
January -February 2008-
January -February 2009
|Retail sales volume index: Excluding motor vehicles. Seasonally adjusted numbers||113.5||-0.3|
|Retail sales volume index: Excluding motor vehicles and petrol. Seasonally adjusted numbers||115.4||-0.6|
|Retail sales volume index: Excluding motor vehicles. Not seasonally adjusted numbers||94.2||-6.0||0.6||-2.6|
|Retail sales volume index: Excluding motor vehicles and petrol. Not seasonally adjusted numbers||95.3||-5.8||0.8||-2.0|
|Retail sales value index:: Excluding motor vehicles||99.1||-3.7||2.8||-0.7|
|Retail sales value index:: Excluding motor vehicles and petrol||98.9||-3.4||2.5||-0.1|
- Table 1 Retail sales. Index of value. 2005=100
- Table 2 Retail sales. Index of volume. Unadjusted 2005=100
- Table 3 Retail sales. Index of volume. Seasonally adjusted 2005=100
- Table 4 Retail sales value index. Exclude value added tax. February 2009. 2005=100
- Table 5 Petrol stations, turnover statistics
- Table 6 Petrol stations, turnover statistics. 2008 and January-Februar 2009. NOK 1 000
Find more figures
Find detailed figures from Index of retail sales
Anders Falla Aas
tel.: (+47) 40 81 14 37
Marie Karoline Skjeldås
tel.: (+47) 40 90 25 51