This is an archived release.
Large companies dominate
The 10 per cent largest local-kind-of-activity-units (local KAUs) in the division had a turnover of NOK 28.1 billion; this is 59 per cent of the divisions' total turnover. The same 224 local-kind-of-activity-units employed 14 641 people or 67 per cent of the 22 008 employed in the division
The 2 283 local KAUs in supporting and auxiliary transport activities had total personnel costs of NOK 8.5 billon and investments of NOK 1.7 billion in 2003.The value-added by the local KAUs was NOK 15.3 billion. The industry division covers a wide range of transport related service activities, from cargo handling and storage to activities of transport agencies.
Fright forwarding services largest sub class
Of the many different and often dissimilar subclasses in the division, the subclass freight forwarding services is clearly largest with a turnover of NOK 18 billion and 7 612 people employed in 2003.
The countys Oslo and Akershus represents close to 50 per cent of the divisions turnover, while Aust-Agder, Finnmark and Telemark totals only NOK one billion.
Statistics on the enterprise level
The structural business statistics for supporting and auxiliary transport activities are compiled both on the local KAU level and on the enterprise level. On the enterprise level total turnover was NOK 48.6 billion in 2003, while the total number of persons employed were 22 281.
Figures on the enterprise level will usually deviate somewhat from figures compiled on the local KAU level. This is due to the fact that enterprises are registered in the industry subclass that comprises the main part of the activity of the enterprise, and therefore may be registered in a different industry than some of the local KAUs within the enterprise. For more information about these and other definitions used in the structural business statistics for supporting and auxiliary transport activities, see "About the statistics".
Activities of travel agencies, tour operators and tourist assistance activities are not included in these figures. Statistics for this industry group are published together with other tourism related statistics at http://www.ssb.no/streiseby_en/ .
More figures in StatBank.
- Table 1 Supporting and auxiliary transport activities. Principal figures, by industry subclass. Local kind-of-activity units. 2003
- Table 2 Supporting and auxiliary transport activities. Principal figures, by number of persons employed and industry group. Local kind-of-activity units. 2003
- Table 3 Supporting and auxiliary transport activities (NACE 63 ). Principal figures, by county. Local kind-of-activity units. 2003
- Table 4 Supporting and auxiliary transport activities. Principal figures, by industry subclass. Enterprises. 2003
- Table 5 Supporting and auxiliary transport activities. Principal figures, by number of persons employed and industry group. Enterprises. 2003
The statistics is now published as Business statistics.
Find more figures
Find detailed tables with time series, and more detailed data in StatBank
Statistics Norway's Information Centre
tel.: (+47) 21 09 46 42