This is an archived release.
2.2 million tourists
In the second quarter of 2005 2.2 million Norwegians aged 16-79 went on trips involving at least one overnight stay - an increase of 7 per cent compared with the second quarter last year. Two out of three Norwegians in this age group went on a trip during the second quarter of 2005.
About one in three trips, or 1.72 million, were outbound trips. About 20 per cent of these trips had Sweden as destination, while Denmark, United Kingdom and Spain came second, third and fourth, respectively.
- Table 1 Number of tourists, by destination, purpose of the trip and sex and age. 2nd quarter 2005
- Table 2 Number of trips, by purpose and destination of the trip. 2nd quarter 2005
- Table 3 Number of nights, by purpose and destination of the trip. 2nd quarter 2005
- Table 4 Tourist expenditure, by purpose and destination of the trip. 2nd quarter 2005
- Table 5 Number of outbound trips by selcted destinations. 2nd quarter 2005 (corrected 20 March 2006)