This is an archived release.
Increased activity within telecommunications
The local KAUs within post and telecommunications had a turnover of NOK 72,6 billion in 2004. This was a 5 per cent increase compared to the previous year. The industry employed 37 053 persons in 2004.
Local KAUS within telecommunications had a turnover of NOK 58 billion in 2004. Internet service providers had a 22 per cent growth in turnover which was the greatest in this industry subclass. The turnover for Internet service providers was NOK 3,4 billion in 2004. Total employment in telecommunications was 12 894. National post activities had a turnover of NOK 12,6 billion, a 41 per cent increase from the previous year.
Negative results for Internet service providers
Internet service providers experienced a 22 per cent growth in turnover, but had a NOK 490 million negative operating result in 2004.
Mobile telecommunication carriers experienced a growth twice that of fixed telecommunications carriers.
High profitability in courier activities
The operating results for national post activities and other courier activities was NOK 1 1721 and 122 million respectively in 2004. Total value added within courier activities increased by 13 per cent to NOK 840 million.
Increased gross investments in telecommunications
Total gross investments for local KAUs within post and telecom were NOK 5 billion in 2004. NOK 4,8 billion were invested within telecommunications. This was a 5 per cent increase compared to the previous year. The gross investments within national post activities were 115 million in 2004.
Statistics on the enterprise level
The structural business statistics for post and telecommunication activities are compiled both on the local KAU level and on the enterprise level. On the enterprise level the turnover and the employment had about the same development as the local KAUs. The enterprises within post and telecommunications had a turnover of NOK 69.4 billion in 20041.
A few big companies characterize the industries telecommunication and post activities. Restructurings in these companies will have a considerable influence on the numbers distributed on counties.
Starting in 2004 the methods for gathering and estimating employment were changed. Employment figures are now collected directly through the Registrar of Employers and Employees (Arbeidsgiver- og Arbeidstakerregistret, a.k.a. AA-registret). The change makes it difficult to compare employement figures over time. For more on this change see “About the statistics”.
|1||Corrected 16 May 2006 at 1230.|
- Table 1 Post and telecommunications. Principal figures, by industry subclass. Local kind-of-activity units. 2001-2004
- Table 2 Post and telecommunications. Principal figures, by number of persons employed and industry group. Local kind-of-activity units. 2004
- Table 3 Post and courier activities (NACE 64.1). Principal figures, by county. Local kind-of-activity units. 2003-2004
- Table 4 Telecommunications (NACE 64.2). Principal figures, by county. Local kind-of-activity units. 2003-2004
- Table 5 Post and telecommunications. Principal figures, by industry subclass. Enterprises. 2001-2004
- Table 6 Post and telecommunications. Principal figures, by number of persons employed and industry group. Enterprises. 2004