Stable number of sterilizations
A total number 0f 4 779 sterilizations were reported in 2003, 3 155 on men and 1 624 on women.
From 2002 a 100 per cent user charge for sterilization was introduced, NOK 6 079 for women and NOK 1 268 for men. The number of male sterilization did not change from 2001 to 2002 despite the introduction of user charge. However, female sterilization decreased by 65 per cent. From 2002 to 2003 no change in the sterilization rates were observed, neither by men nor women.
The regional figures were based on the county where the sterilizations was performed and not on the county of residence of the person sterilized. Sterilisation may be performed in another county than the county of residence. County statistics on sterilizations performed per 1 000 inhabitants can therefore be inaccurate.
- Table 1 Sterilisations by sex and age. 1985-2003
- Table 2 Sterilisations per 1 000 inhabitants by sex and age. 1985-2003
- Table 3 Sterilisations by sex, age and county of treatment. 2003
- Table 4 Sterilizations per 1 000 men and women in different age groups, by county. 2003
- Table 5 Sterilisations by sex, treatment facility and county of treatment. 2003
- Table 6 Sterilisations by sex, age and treatment facility. 2003
- Table 7 Sterilisation per 1 000 inhabitants in relevant groups. 1985-2003
- Table 8 Sterilizations by sex and year of birth. 2003