This is an archived release.
Strong rise in sales value of farmed salmon
Final figures for fish farming in 2006 only show small changes compared with the preliminary figures. The total sales value of reared salmon and trout came to NOK 17 billion, up 28 per cent from 2005. This is the highest value ever recorded.
The stock of live salmon and trout in net cages amounted to NOK 273 million, up 18 per cent from 2005. Employment in fish farming rose for the first time since 2001.
- Table 1 Sales of slaughtered fish for food. Quantity, by fish species and county. 2006. Tonnes
- Table 2 Sales of slaughtered fish for food. Value, by fish species and county. 2006. NOK 1 000
- Table 3 Number of licenses running, workers and labour input, by type of production and county. Salmon and trout. 2006
- Table 4 Number of licences running, workers and labour input, by type of production and county. Other fish species than salmon and trout. 2006
- Table 5 Stock of live fish for food, by species of fish and county. All fish species. 2006. 1 000 pieces