Reporting periodevery three years
Did you receive an administrative decision from Statistics Norway regarding your duty to provide information for the official survey entitled International sourcing (RA-0785). This web page provides you with information on how to answer the survey.
What information must be reported?
The objective of the survey is to map Norwegian enterprises' international organisation of business functions in the period 2014-2016. The key part of the survey is about enterprises' movement of business activities abroad (international sourcing), and how this affects employment opportunities and creation of new employment. The survey consists of six modules:
- General information about the concerning enterprise
- Domestic activity in the concerning enterprise
- Movement of business functions in Norway (domestic sourcing)
- Movement of business functions abroad (international sourcing)
- Moving business functions from abroad to Norway
- International trade in services
The survey is part of a joint European survey financed by Eurostat. The statistics has been collected before for the years 2001-2006 and 2009-2011.
For more information, see the attached documents in the column at the right.
Your answers are valuable
The survey results will provide relevant statistical information on the scope and the consequences of the movement of business functions. Policy makers at national and European Level are important users of the statistics. A key challenge for Europe, imposed by globalisation, is how to secure existing jobs, and create new jobs on a sustainable basis. The statistics may also be used in research projects and analysis concerning globalization.
Who needs to complete the survey?
Statistics Norway collect information from a sample of about 2 000 enterprises.The sample is drawn from the Register of Legal Entities, Statistics Norway’s register of all Norwegian-registered legal entities in both the private and public sector.
If the enterprise has changed name, type of activity, or address, this must be reported using the Coordinated register notification. More information on this is available at www.brreg.no/home. The survey must still be answered if there has been no activity in the enterprise during the period to be reported.
How to submit the survey
The information is to be reported electronically via Altinn. For more information, see ‘How to answer surveys in Altinn on behalf of an enterprise’, located under DOCUMENTS in the column at the right.
Only those who have been assigned the relevant role can answer surveys on behalf of the enterprise in Altinn. To fill out this form, you need to have one of the following roles:
- responsible auditor
- accountant without signing rights
- accountant with signing rights
If you do not have one of the roles above, senior management can delegate this role on behalf of the enterprise.
If you have problems with login or roles, contact Altinn on +47 75 00 60 00, or find more information at www.altinn.no/en
The duty to report
The Statistics Act gives Statistics Norway the authority to collect the information, and to impose a compulsory fine to any party failing to report within the deadline. For more information, see:
- The duty to provide information, and the right to collect information: Statistics Act, Section 2-2
- The right to impose a compulsory fine: Statistics Act, Section 2-3
- The right to enforce the collection of a fine and demand payment for costs: Tax Administration Act
- The right to appeal an administrative decision: Public Administration Act, Chapter VI
The submission deadline is specified in the Altinn inbox.